Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 26, June 26th

"In many ways the great Head of the Church scatters His servants abroad; but they ought of themselves to scatter voluntarily. Every Christian should say, “Where can I do the most good?” and if he can do more good anywhere beneath the sun than in the land of his birth, he is bound to go there, if he can. God will have us scattered; and if we will not go afield willingly, He may use providential necessity as the forcible means of our dispersion".

C.H. Spurgeon

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Houston. I'm typing this on my iPhone so this will be short. I had a 20 minute drive from the airport to the Alert Base today and had a great conversation with my driver. You can learn quite a bit about people in a 20 minute drive. I won't cover all the details, I did share the Gospel with him and he was very receptive.

    The next couple of days are going to be a challenge to be able to even find someone to witness to. Pray for me as I search for creative ways to reach people.

    Blessings,

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone. This trial of a broken washing machine has really been a test of faith and we are counting it all joy. Replacing a fairly new (7 year old computerized Whirlpool) machine with a new one has lent itself to some neat witnessing encounters. Aren't Whirlpools supposed to last 15 years or something? "Guy" came this morning to install our new machine. He works with Lowes. He was very nice, we shared the gospel with him. He does not attend church, but said he was spiritual. We investigated that further and pointed him to Christ. He wanted to argue the truth of the bible, men wrote it, etc. Same old same old.
    It was a nice visit and Bill joined me once again in pointing this man to his need of a savior. He said church and bible are good for some folks, not for him. We pressed him with the fact that if it is true, everyone who is alive needs this gospel.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete