Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 13, June 13th

Notice the emphasis on the resurrection.

1Co 15:12-17 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? (13) But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; (14) and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. (15) Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. (16) For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; (17) and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.


1Co 15:31-32 I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. (32) If from human motives I fought with wild beasts at Ephesus, what does it profit me? If the dead are not raised, LET US EAT AND DRINK, FOR TOMORROW WE DIE.

4 comments:

  1. This morning I shared with Kelsie, my golf student. I have a class of 5 women every Sat. morning and Kelsie is in the class. She was telling one of the other gals how she is going to South Africa in the fall. I asked her more about that and told her I had a teammate at TU from South Africa. She said her husband is South African. I then asked her on the way back to the clubhouse, riding in the golf cart, some questions. I asked her how she ended up with a South African husband. She said they met at a small bible college in PA. We had a great talk in the cart. I asked her where she attends church now in Tulsa. Nowhere. I asked her why. She said she is trying to figure out what she believes now. She said at bible college she saw a lot of hypocrisy. She could not give me an answer to what the gospel is. She was just silent. I went thru the gospel with her and she did agree with me. It was a good enounter and I plan on following up with her next Sat. morning for lesson #3.

    My husband and son James shared the gospel this morning with a magazine salesman who came to our home. James insisted that Bill share with this guy and they sid it was a good encounter. Praise God for all of these opportunities!

    mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add this, this Kelsie woman I wrote about- she grew up in a strict Holiness Church. She said she had to wear head coverings, dresses, very legalistic. She said they were Pentecostal. I had not heard of this Holiness Church. I asked her if they believed you could become sinless, she said she did not think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoke with the lady working the counter at the Truman Smoke House (restaurant at Big Cedar). She's lived in the area for several years and works at Big Cedar during the summer. She attends church at FBC Branson; I asked a few questions about the church as I went through the Gospel with her. Very sweet lady and seemed to agree with what I had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited with a fellow in the neighborhood who is really down emotionally and in every way. His marriage is in serious trouble and he has reached a point of desparation--even thoughts of ending it all. While we were talking about these things I challenged him with the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the only basis for any sinner (satisfied with life or hopelessly desperate) to find comfort and hope and peace. He looked at me after I had finished sharing with him and said, "You are so right--I need God." I encouarged him to confess his sin of self-reliance to God and ask God to take ownership of his life. We agreed to visit again. I am hopeful for this man's soul.

    ReplyDelete