Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 22, June 22nd

Sorry this post is so late, we had these crazy people at our house until late last night and I didn't get up early enough to post this. :)

The testimony of a Christian -

Rom 7:15-25 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. (16) But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. (17) So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. (18) For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. (19) For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. (20) But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. (21) I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. (22) For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, (23) but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. (24) Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? (25) Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

3 comments:

  1. I had lunch today with two DOD contractors. The lunch was great and the conversation was even better. One of them brought up the subject of faith and I was able to use that as a platform for the Gospel. I spent much of my time discussing why Christianity is true by giving a defense for the Gospel and the evidence for the resurrection. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy,
    I cannot believe those people stayed at your house so late last night. That is really inconsiderate:) What were they doing, talking about the things of God or something?

    I was able to share with Chuck today. He is a long time friend of my husband's, they grew up together in Bartlesville.

    I invited him to Mercy Hill's service this Sunday. He is going to try to come. He wanted to come to the last one but was out of town. I told him about our evangelism challenge and he was all excited to participate. I asked him how he would get to heaven one day. He said this "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, be born again, like Nicodemus, for example. You must be born of water and of the spirit. You must believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is the Christ and that He died for your sins." It was a great encounter and we had a wonderful discussion about the gospel. I am hopeful that Chuck will come to Mercy Hill.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that I love reading these posts every day. I have recently developed a friendship with three different people. Reading these posts has kept me focused on why I'm here and why these people have come into my life. One is a believer, one is open and one is hard.

    ReplyDelete